Thursday, September 3, 2009

Textmate FTP/SSH bundle with Snow Leopard

I love to develop with textmate, and I love to work within the Mac OS X environment, so when I heard Snow Leopard was coming out, I thought, "Hey, why not?". Well, I soon found after upgrading that my local dev environment wasn't working as it had. This was because PHP 5.3 comes preloaded with Apache, and it needed to be set up...again. Ok, not sooo bad. Soon after, I was working on a remote project, in TextMate, and do the same old Option+S, to save to the server, and realize that I'm getting PHP Notices, and a Fatal Error! After some searching on the web...I found nothing. Damn! Time to use the old ticker, and figure it out for myself :( I soon discovered that the PHP super global variable $_ENV was no longer being populated with the correct Textmate values. The fix required that $_ENV be replaced with $_SERVER in the bundle commands, and in the helper_functions.php. Voila! Textmate is back to it's prior glory, and I don't resent Snow Leopard anymore...for now.

2 comments:

  1. Strange - when testing it under Snow Leopard the bundle worked for me well. I get the same 31 TM_ variables in $_ENV as in $_SERVER.

    Can you tell me a bit more about your PHP setup? I'm the author of the bundle - please send me your feedback using my contact form at http://fuerstnet.de/contact

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete